Pin Moisture Meter
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Pin Moisture Meter of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Pin Moisture Meter of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,433 Reviews Scanned
- DETECT MOISTURE- Determine the moisture content of wood and other building materials (like drywall) or check water damaged areas to see if moisture is still present
- FIRST STEP IN MOLD PREVENTION - By checking suspicious water stains with a moisture tester around the house, you can determine whether the area is wet (a perfect breeding ground for mold) or has long since dried
- ACCURACY- Stick the stainless steel pins into the surface of what you are measuring in order to get a read-out. Overall measurement range of 5 to 50% for wood and 1. 5 to 33% for building materials as well as low, medium and high moisture tones and colored green, yellow and red LED visual alerts
- EASY TO READ AND USE- Large 0. 3 in. (8mm) high digits in a backlit LCD display for quick and easy viewing plus a hold function to freeze a reading, auto power off and a low battery indicator
- INCLUDES- Extra 0. 3 in. (8mm) stainless steel pins, protective cap that doubles as a calibration checker and a “9V” battery
- Wood Scale - 6% to 40% moisture range
- Reference Scale reads from of 0 to 100 on a relative basis
- Sheetrock Scale - 0.2%-50% moisture range.
- Averages up to 100 accumulated readings
- Set-point alerts you to when a pre-selected MC is reached
- CHECK MOISTURE CONTENT QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY– detector offers ideal dual functions of pin and pinless sensors in one. Use the pinless pad feature to test a large area more quickly without damage. Switch to pins for accurate tests at various depths
- CHECK LUMBER AND HARDWOOD BEFORE BUILDING AND WOODWORKING – Know the moisture content of your wood to make sure you’re not using damp, moist wood on your projects to avoid cracks, splits, warping. Ensure wood flooring has acclimated before installing
- PERFECT FOR HOME INSPECTIONS – Use pad for quick non-invasive pinless scanning during an inspection to find moisture behind a wall or under a floor. Once you locate high moisture areas, use pin feature to identify problem spots and potential leaks
- EASY TO USE – Large easy-to-read backlit display. Sturdy, hand-friendly tester body feels solid when pressing replaceable pins into materials. Hold key freezes reading. Test lumber or building materials – brick, concrete, drywall, plaster and carpet
- LOADED WITH FEATURES YOU WANT – Moisture level indicated by numeric display, icons and optional audio alerts showing the moisture content as high, medium or low. Accuracy ±3%. Includes battery-saving auto shut-off, protective cap, 9V battery
- PIN OR PINLESS- Pin type for precisely measuring moisture in materials and flat surface (non-intrusive) dual pad sensors to detect general areas of moisture
- TWO DISPLAYS- Moisture percentage and ambient temperature plus relative humidity
- HOLDS READINGS- Holds moisture level readings for convenient viewing later
- AUDIBLE ALARM- High/medium/low audible indication of moisture level
- INCLUDES- 9V battery, lanyard, 2 sets of spare pins, user’s manual
- Pin moisture measurement automatically, compensates for ambient temperature
- Tune meter to the appropriate test material via built in library of 11 material groups, including: timbers, drywall, concrete, plaster, brick, and more
- Wirelessly connect to FLIR tools mobile to view readings Remotely
- Upgrade firmware as needed via micro USB port located in battery compartment
- Measure ambient temperature and relative humidity
- 【ACCURATE & QUICK MEASURING】- FIND HIDDEN WATER LEAKS IN WALLS AND SURFACES. Designed with 2 high precision pins, penetrate into the test surface and quickly know the moisture level in your walls,give you an estimate of the potential for moisture growth throughout your home.Tavool moisture meter for wood is the best way to identify the location of moisture buildup.NOTE:the Botanical name of RED OAK and WHITE OAK on the user manual list is “Quercus spp”, please switch to MODE “A” when testing!
- 【PROFESSIONAL DEVICE FOR WOOD MEASURING】- 8 CALIBRATION SCALES, FIND OUT THE %MC OF MANY DIFFERENT WOOD TYPES. Our wood moisture detector sensor is a great tool for manufacturers, flooring installers, inspectors, and lumber suppliers to quickly and easily scan the %MC (Moisture Content) in their wood products.You can quickly know the %MC is Low (5-12%), Medium (12-17%) or High (17-60%). Easily check %MC before purchasing or using expensive lumber and hardwoods and avoid cracks, splits, warping.
- 【USER FRIENDLY, SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND】- EASY TO USE,BIG LED DISPLAY with BACKLIT, HOLD FUNCTION. Our Digital Moisture Detector designed with Large easy-to-read Backlit LED screen, and Hold key freezes readings.Moreover, it features Memory function,Max/Min moisture measurement,Temperature in C/F display and Automatic Power-off in 10 minutes without operation. This MULTI-FUNTIONAL moisture tester has sturdy, hand-friendly shape and rubber side grips let you take multiple measurements in comfort.
- 【TWO MEASURING MODE】- DESIGNED WITH WOOD and BUILDING MATERIAL TO MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS. Tavool moisture meter tester is ideal to use in WOODWORKING, BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, AGRICULTURE RESTORATION and floor-laying.The moisture contents of wood products such as hardwood flooring, cabinets, furniture, lumber, slats, beams, plywood, paneling, conglomerates, window frames, forestry wood, rolled products, building materials and more can be measured. A MUST HAVE DEVICE TO MAKE YOUR WORK EAISER.
- 【WHY CHOOSE TAVOOL MOISTURE METER】-Features LED display, wide measuring range(Wood: 6%-60%, Building materials: 0-40%), strong stainless steel pins, automatic shutdown function(10minutes) hold on function, Lightweight and easy carrying. By using Tavool mositure meter for working, professionals can ensure that they have consistent results!
- Blue finish
- Moisture detection tool
- Led backlit display
- User Manual included
- Dimensions: 4. 72-Inch L x 2. 75-Inch W x 0. 78-Inch D
- 【Measure Moisture Level, Spot Hidden Damage】Moisture meter is great tool for homeowners, woodworkers, floor installers and inspectors. Homeowners and Professionals rely on moisture meters to identify hidden problems, which would save potential expensive repairs.
- 【Accurate Measures Remove the Guess Work】0.1% resolution with 2 distinguished modes, measure both Wood and Building/Synthetic material. Wood Mode comes with 8 calibrated scales, measure different wood types. You can use "Self-Testing" aid integrated on Protection Cap, make sure the device is accurately calibrated before use.
- 【Smart Backlit Display & Engineered Function】Freeze the reading with "Hold" button, together with backlit display and audible alarm, measuring moisture in dark or tight space is convinient than ever. Integrated environment temperature in C°/F°, Smart backlit LCD display will auto off in 3 minutes to preserve battery.
- 【Anti-slip and Ergonomic Design】The side of device is covered in anti-slip material in ergonomic shape, providing a comfort firm grip. The compact size and light weight allow moisture meter be easily carried-around in pocket.
- 【Packed for Convenient】Moisture meter comes with a water resistant carry pouch. A "Wood Type Quick-Search Index Table" printed on back of the device, help adjust setup quick-and-easy.
- Measure moisture content in wood (5 to 50%) and other building materials (1. 5 to 33%)
- Pinless measurement (6 to 99. 9%) for non-invasive testing
- Audible indicator beeper increases in speed as the moisture level increases - perfect for scanning large areas
- Quick identification with built-in Low, Medium, High moisture level icons
- Lock button freezes measurement on screen for hard to see areas
- Pin Moisture Meter
- 42 Settings for Wood, Bamboo, Sheetrock and Other Building Materials
- Digital read-out has a resolution of 0.1% in the critical range below 10%
- Measuring range 5% - 65%
- Includes a pair of 3/16" & 7/16" Pins
Top Rated Pin Moisture Meter to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Pin Moisture Meter from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Pin Moisture Meter. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Pin Moisture Meter from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Pin Moisture Meter Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Pin Moisture Meter based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Pin Moisture Meter that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Pin Moisture Meter to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Pin Moisture Meter with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Pin Moisture Meter, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Pin Moisture Meter Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Pin Moisture Meter have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Pin Moisture Meter descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Pin Moisture Meter. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Pin Moisture Meter (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Pin Moisture Meter are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Pin Moisture Meter:
(1) Pin Moisture Meter Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Pin Moisture Meter should be in line with its value. You can compare Pin Moisture Meter reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Pin Moisture Meter is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Pin Moisture Meter materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Pin Moisture Meter to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Pin Moisture Meters come in various sizes. Do you need a large Pin Moisture Meteror a small one? Think about where you will use your Pin Moisture Meter in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Pin Moisture Meters also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Pin Moisture Meter would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Pin Moisture Meter will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Pin Moisture Meter you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Pin Moisture Meter? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Pin Moisture Meterto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Pin Moisture Meter will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Pin Moisture Meter. It is hard to know exactly how an Pin Moisture Meter will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Pin Moisture Meter you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.