Orion Telescope Camera
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Orion Telescope Camera of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Orion Telescope Camera of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,353 Reviews Scanned
- Our highest resolution solar system imaging camera built around a 5-megapixel one-shot color sensor
- Orion-exclusive EZPlanCap software enables live video viewing and capture of hi-res images of solar system objects on your Mac or Windows computer
- Super-small 2.2 micron square pixel size makes the StarShoot 5 MP the ideal solution for capturing highly magnified exposures of the Moon, planets and Sun (with a proper solar filter)
- Fast capture rate of up to 51 FPS lets you catch fleeting moments of clear seeing for great solar system pictures
- Includes Orion-exclusive Mac and Windows software with useful Auto Dark Frame Removal tool
- The StarShoot G3 Deep Space Color Imaging Camera features a 1/2" format CCD sensor and an on-board thermoelectric cooler (TEC)
- With high-tech features such as 16-bit A/D conversion, regulated thermoelectric cooling, on-board fan and more, you'll find yourself taking wall-worthy astrophotos with this affordable camera
- The Orion StarShoot G3 can also be used as a dedicated, high-performance, low-noise autoguider with ST-4 output built right in
- Complete Orion Camera Studio software is included for easy image capture, processing and sharing of your astro-images
- Fun and useful USB Eyepiece Camera allows you to transmit the real-time view through your telescope to a laptop or PC, and capture great digital movies and images
- Share the view of bright planets, the Moon, and terrestrial targets through your telescope with friends, family, and fellow astronomy enthusiasts.
- An affordable introduction to the rewarding hobby of astrophotography. Great for lunar and planetary shots - not suitable for deep space imaging
- Very versatile - Fits into any 1.25" telescope focuser or 1.25" step-down adapter
- Includes Orion AmCap image video capture software - Compatible with Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems
- An affordable high speed USB 3 camera based on the Sony IMX 178 CMOS chip
- Tiny 2.4 micron pixels for super high resolution planetary imaging capability, and the chip can bin 2x2 for even more sensitivity
- Exposures range from 0.244ms-1000s and USB 3.0 video frame rates up to 59fps at full frame allow short exposure video planetary imaging, as well as long exposure nebulae shots
- Fully ASCOM compatible for use with image capture applications such as Sequence Generator Pro, Nebulosity, SharpCap, and more!
- Includes USB 3.0 cable, guiding cable (for use as an autoguider), and 1.25" nosepiece threaded for standard 1.25" filters.
- Heavy-duty bracket makes it easy to position a point-and-shoot or smartphone camera over a telescope eyepiece for high-magnification photography
- Included smartphone bracket securely grips phones up to 3.15 inch (80mm) wide and of any length
- Eliminates blurry hand-held photos by providing a stable foundation for smartphones and cameras
- Clamp fits 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces with housing diameters between 28mm and 45mm
- Not compatible with DSLR cameras
- BSI CMOS Sensor; This telescope camera uses an extremely sensitive back-illuminated CMOS sensor; IMX290 sensor has very high QE and very low (0.7e-) read noise; which improved sensitivity in the visible-light and near infrared light regions for industrial applications
- 128MB DDR Buffer;The benefit of the image buffer is that the memory will cache the image and transfer it to the computer when the USB interface is not busy or being interrupted;and the frame will not be lost or corrupted
- Any Area ROI Support;The SV305 astronomy camera has ROI function; A smaller region of interest (ROI) is read out from the sensor; leaving the image scale of the object being imaged unchanged; Allow arbitrary resolutions to be set
- SV305 camera support Windows system; Linux system; Mac OS system; and Raspberry Pi system; Windows Driver 1.3.7 version; Support ASCOM driver; PHD2 Guiding Software; Not support Phone system
- Long exposure can reach 30 minutes;high-speed;medium-speed;low-speed three output frame speeds are optional;matching different computer hardware to achieve a more suitable reception speed of the hardware. Meet the basic needs of astronomy enthusiasts for planetary photography
- The USB Eyepiece Camera is a special design. With digital gadget you can easily view images captured by your telescope objective lens on your laptop or desktop PC screen and save them. Just enjoy objectives and share with others, no longer squinting with one eye.
- High sensitivity 5.00MP color CMOS imaging module. Real active resolution, no interpolation, no jaggies in picture.
- Comes with 24.5mm(0.965") and 31.75mm (1.25”) eyepiece adapter, you can use it with 1.25” telescope and 0.965" telescope.
- Extremely easy for Mac system - no extra software is needed, just use the software "photo booth" which is already on Mac system directly. With the software Win Joy, you can display images on computer screen, shoot and make video recording.
- Adjustable length adapter lets you attach a T-ring equipped DSLR or SLR camera directly to your telescope
- Useful for either prime-focus or eyepiece-projection astrophotography with refractors or reflector telescopes
- Slides into 1.25" telescope focuser or 2" focuser with step-down adapter; has T-threads for attachment of camera body
- Allows you to vary the magnification without changing the inserted eyepiece when performing eyepiece projection astrophotography
- Requires T-ring to fit your brand of camera (T-rings sold separately)
- Take smartphone pictures of the view through your telescope with this affordable adapter
- Quick and easy self-centering eyepiece clamp provides fast installation
- Provides a stable platform for your smartphone to yield stable, clearly focused snapshots
- Compatible with even the biggest modern smartphones as large as 3-3/4" wide
- Twist-lock eyepiece clamp compatible with telescope, binocular, and microscope eyepieces measuring 25-45mm in diameter
- Computerized star locating telescope: The Celestron NexStar 130SLT is a computerized telescope that offers a database of more than 40,000 stars, galaxies, nebulae, and more. The telescope locates your object with pinpoint accuracy and tracks it. Compatible with 2 inch eyepieces
- Compact and portable: This telescope for adults and kids to be used together is ideal for weekend camping trips or excursions to dark sky sites. Its compact form factor makes it easy to transport and assemble just about anywhere.
- Newtonian reflector optical design: The NexStar 130SLT is the largest in the SLT family. The 130mm aperture gathers enough light to see our Solar System and beyond. View Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s cloud bands, and the Moon in brilliant detail.
- Fast setup with skyalign: Celestron’s proprietary SkyAlign procedure has you ready to observe in minutes. Simply center any three bright objects in the eyepiece and the NexStar SLT aligns to the night sky, ready to locate thousands of objects.
- Bonus free starry night software: The NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope includes a free download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation. Compatible with starsense technology and Wi-Fi
Top Rated Orion Telescope Camera to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Orion Telescope Camera from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Orion Telescope Camera. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Orion Telescope Camera from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Orion Telescope Camera Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Orion Telescope Camera based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Orion Telescope Camera that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Orion Telescope Camera to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Orion Telescope Camera with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Orion Telescope Camera, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Orion Telescope Camera Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Orion Telescope Camera have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Orion Telescope Camera descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Orion Telescope Camera. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Orion Telescope Camera (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Orion Telescope Camera are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Orion Telescope Camera:
(1) Orion Telescope Camera Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Orion Telescope Camera should be in line with its value. You can compare Orion Telescope Camera reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Orion Telescope Camera is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Orion Telescope Camera materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Orion Telescope Camera to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Orion Telescope Cameras come in various sizes. Do you need a large Orion Telescope Cameraor a small one? Think about where you will use your Orion Telescope Camera in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Orion Telescope Cameras also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Orion Telescope Camera would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Orion Telescope Camera will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Orion Telescope Camera you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Orion Telescope Camera? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Orion Telescope Camerato make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Orion Telescope Camera will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Orion Telescope Camera. It is hard to know exactly how an Orion Telescope Camera will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Orion Telescope Camera you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.